Monday, September 28, 2026

This clears up a lot and then some

 I have been doing my blog posts based on what I get in the mail. If you follow or read my blog you will know that I collect right now Women hockey players and mostly I do through the mail autographs. Loyal readers will know that my biggest issue with doing through the mail auto's is dealing with the post office. This is the latest letter that I never got, postmarked Sept. 8 Saint Paul Minnesota. It showed in my informed delivery on Sept. 11 and I checked the mail that day and it was not in the box. I talked with my post offices postmaster and she told me that I should not use the motto that I use at the bottom of my label. This is the lost letter that showed up in my mailbox today.

As you can see the two address labels and my motto. She told me that motto is why my mail gets lost, I have been doing this through the mail autos now for over 10 years and this is the first time I am hearing this. I still and will continue using the labels with the motto as I do not agree with what she said.

There is a reason for bringing up the above info and as it go's with the title of this blog, it does clear up a lot. I remembered who I sent auto requests to using those older stamps but not exactly remembering every player. When I first saw that letter on Sept 11 I said to myself could it be who I think it is?? Let me back track to a previous post. I am trying to get the 1997-98 Women's Minnesota Gophers inaugural set signed by all of the players and currently I need 7 more player auto's to complete that task. The player that I thought of for that lost letter was Marisa Pettiford. I wrote to Marisa asking for her autograph but I told her that of all of the players from the 1997-98 set I never had owned your card so I said it must of been short printed but I knew it existed because I had seen a sale of the entire set and I saw your card. So I kind of hinted that if she had any cards of herself from the set. So today as I got the letter in my hands it was somewhat thicker but not thick enough to do any damage to the envelope from the post offices machinery. So I carefully open the envelope and I saw that it is from Marisa Pettiford. As I was looking inside I could see a stack of cards from that set and I held my breath saying no it can't be. Did she include a card of herself and signed it??

No, but I am not upset with this because she did sign for me and she was kind enough to send me 6 more cards from that set and she signed both of my index cards I made of her.


This is what she sent and until I got this letter today I was going to write her another letter and explain what happened with a letter I got from St. Paul, MN and I send to a lot of players in Minnesota and almost all are postmarked St. Paul. Now I will be sending her another letter but this sure does clear up a lot and the next letter to her will be a huge thank-you. I do have the entire players autographs from the inaugural team but it is on a goalie stick but I want to get that 1997-98 inaugural set signed which would include needing to get Nadine Muzerall's auto which will not be easy. I did send out Nadine's rookie card from this set out January 12th of 2026 but still nothing back but I am hopeful.


I also got back this Rookie card of standout Haley Winn and she sent me a nice note and I was very, very happy to have got this one back signed. It tells me that their are players who do care and take their time to sign and we as fans appreciate that. Her teammate Aerin Frankel is also a great signer for her fans(along with others see my Great Signers page) and we as fans appreciate that. When I go to games and I look and see the players I add more vocals to those players that sign because they care in the same way by us supporting them and they support us. 

As I said in my last post that I would show some baseball cards and today thumbing through the first album I found a whole collection of Jose Canseco cards so for Oakland A's fans here are some early cards of him from his minor league years to one with the Red Sox. The card on the bottom right is the 1996 Collectors Choice and it is dated July 11-14. I remember when these were done for hockey which I will say was fun as it gave the collector a chance to get some cool cards if the player performs on the dates, I believe if he hit a home run if he did you won. We need these kind of things brought back to the collectors instead of some numbered card, which there seems to be more of and less jersey and auto cards but look at what they charge per box. I refuse to spend over $100 for a box of cards that maybe are valued at $25, not for me but when will this all stop?? It is like asking how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop, answer the world may never know. I do not know much about the two minor league cards of Canseco, I am hoping that someone can shed some light.

My next post will be on more through the mail auto's and some more interesting Baseball cards. Enjoy the hobby and as always Stay Safe!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment