After I had sent these first out to be autographed on July 31st I got nervous when a month passed. So I did what any caring person would do. I wrote to Julie just asking if she got the cards and I did not like doing that because I did not want to make her feel bad because that is not my nature. So I got an email from Julie on Thursday telling me that the cards were on there way and that it was a very busy month of August for her and I did reply back telling her I understood. So let me show you the cards that I have been waiting for and I now have my very first 2 player autograph card but I plan on sending it to one more player which will give me three different auto's on this special Titled: First Goal card.
This is the front of the first goal card these cards are from the 1997-98 Gophers Women's hockey set. This is the inaugural team. I am going to have Brittny Ralph sign the front of this card. The back of this card has been signed by both the First ever goal scorer Julie Otto and the First ever assist Laura Tryba. So this week I will send only one of these cards out for Brittny Ralph to sign and there is a very good reason why I will only send out one at a time, I will explain later in this post.This is the back of the First goal card and as you can see Julie Otto and Laura Tryba signed under each of their photo's. This is another favorite card of mine and I now have 2 of these cards signed by both players. This is a historic card and I am pleased I own both signed and I want to say a BIG thank-you to Laura Tryba and Julie Otto for taking time to sign this legendary card. I still wonder what ever happened to that first goal game puck, was it removed from the game and put somewhere in the School?? I will ask Brittny when I send her the card to sign as she may know.This card is Julie Otto's card and I sent her 2 of these cards to sign and she added 1st ever goal, I already have this card signed by her. Julie was the team Captain along with Kris Scholz. I currently only need 7 more player auto's from this set to complete it all signed but I honestly do not think I will get those 7 player's auto's, time will tell.This index card is from Erin Magee and I wanted to get her autograph and she was a star for the B.C. Eagles. She has a nice autograph. The thing I really love about doing the through the mail auto's and that is getting nice letters telling me thanks for bringing back all of those memories and this happens a lot. What I find interesting is when I send to a star player and the star player signs but a majority of them will not sign and it is very depressing when I get back a Return to Sender. I have got back lots of nice replies from the players and the players who refuse to sign should learn from the ones that do and it shows me the ones who do sign are the better players.
As I said earlier I would discuss what I meant about sending one card at a time. First these types of cards being a regional are not very easy to locate so if they got lost I would be out both but by sending the first one once I get it back signed by Brittny I will send the second asking her to sign that card too. The post office is horrid and they are trying to tell me that the way I send the cards out in the SASE is not correctly done. In the 10 years I have been doing through the mail autos and the thousands of cards I have sent out I have only had 4 envelopes damaged.
So yesterday I got no mail delivery even though my Informed delivery showed I had 4 pieces of mail and of the four pieces two were autographs. I still believe those 4 pieces of mail were at my post office but they were not pleased with me because I told them I was tired of getting lost letters. They blamed the lost letters because of the SASE being to thick and getting damaged but 4 damaged envelopes in 10 years, is that bad?? No it is not and I told the postmaster I can not control what the person adds to the envelope like the one she had set aside to show me. The person put a team USA pin in the envelope which caused the damage. I am not changing how I send them out and I was told my address label is not supposed to have anything on the bottom of the label like I have a motto, it reads We Love team USA. I was told I can't do that but today I did a search and was told yes you can.
My next post I will be adding more of my Women's autographs that I get back and I will be adding some baseball cards. Enjoy the hobby and stay safe!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment