Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Women in Nets Signed Part II

I thought I would show the recent autographs for some of the best Women Goalies. I have watched the NHL for 57 years and I will say that the past 10 years I have watched the Women hockey players. The Winter Olympics, PHF, CWHL, College games, PWHL. I will tell you that I am enjoying it more, I see exciting plays on scoring goals and incredible saves by those brave lady's. I say brave because that is the only position I would never play. I have played in net using a street hockey ball but I wore a mask but these were not players taking slapshots only snap shots so it was like just playing catch, ball to glove. Taking a street hockey ball off the shin is painful with just a snap shot, I cringe just thinking about a player winding up taking a slapper, not for me. Here are some incredible Lady goalies that just seem to have fun and have no fear which makes them stand alone in being some of the best ever.


Erin Whitten was the first American Women to play in professional hockey and got her first win with the Toledo Storm a 6-5 victory over the Dayton Bombers of the East coast league. This card is the 1996 Flint Generals card and I love the cartoonish circular with her name and position.


This player needs no introduction as she was one of the biggest female players of her era. She has more cards than any other Woman and a majority of her cards were by Classic games. She has been having more cards being added in some of the cards being produced today. As you can see she signed many thousands of cards as this single issue has a run of 6300 auto's. What a lot of collectors would rather have are hard signed and over 75% of her autographs are hard signed. This card is certified hard signed and I am not a huge fan of the band aid auto. Manon also was the first Canadian female to play in a professional league. She also played in an NHL exhibition game with the Tampa Bay Lightning and signed a contract with them. If you send to her for an autograph requests chances are you will get the card signed but it will be initials only with her jersey number 33, maybe signing all of those cards earlier in her career has taken a toll on her hand.

This card is the 1999-2000 Upper Deck Prospects Signatures of tradition Charlene Labonte. This is another hard signed certified card and she has a unique but beautiful autograph. I am not a fan of Upper Deck but this card I do like very much as the colors in the photo just pop.

This card is the 2011 In the Game Between the Pipes Women of the Nets Authentic Goaliegraph of Sami Jo Small. My reason for loving in the game versus Upper Deck is the beautiful colors and the names for these subsets. I love the Goaliegraph and the highly collectible between the pipes cards year after year.  The 2 time Olympic gold medalists also 1 silver Olympic medal. She won 4 gold medals in the Women's Worlds and played 10 season in the CWHL, 3 seasons with the Mississaugus Chiefs and 7 seasons with the Toronto Furies.

This card is the 2011 In the Game Between the Pipes Women of the Nets Authentic Goaliegraph of Kim St-Pierre. Beautiful card and I sure would rather see In the Game making cards as the designs and names are of hobby legend. Kim won 3 gold Olympic medals and in the 3 Olympics she was a perfect 8-0. She played several seasons in the NWHL-CA (W) league and the CWHL with the Montreal stars. Kim was inducted into the HHOF class of 2020 but the ceremony was not until 2021 because of the covid pandemic. She has a beautiful autograph and is always identical in appearance each time.


I am still awaiting those 1997-98 University of Minnesota First Goal card to come back. I hope I get them back this week as of this writing I have only got back 1 card incoming today so I hope the next 4 days I get those back signed and more. I have over 300 auto requests out and waiting. Getting cards through the mail is risky but the rewards of getting back the cards signed is a great feeling which helps keep me looking for more players to send to in the future. Happy Collecting and as always Stay Safe!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment