Tuesday, August 11, 2026

I am Not complaining

As many of you know this site is mostly for my through the mail autographs of Women in Hockey. There will be posts I do of a certain card that I find searching through my cards that I have purchased. A few years ago I purchased a very large hockey card collection that has cards of players from all different leagues of hockey minor and pro. I have even found a bunch of Women hockey players and some nice custom cards. I plan on sending the ones out that I need an auto of that player. I will say that I am noticing a increase of successes through the mail and one maybe one in particular. I will know more about that once I get today's mail as I see it could be from that player that has been difficult to get through the mail.

If anyone starts trying to get autographs through the mail and you keep getting back the dreaded RTS(Return to sender label) it by no means is an indication that the address is incorrect. I have been told that if the person you are requesting an autograph from does not want your letter they can tell their mail carrier to return the letter which is why you get the dreaded RTS label. You sometimes will see in ink that someone wrote wrong address or the person is no longer living here. That can be written just to stop the person from sending an auto request. I wrote to one player over 9 times all coming back as a RTS. So on the 10th try I changed the players name as her full name and not as the card indicated by her name being a shorter version of her first name and it worked. I also have added on the back of the envelope in Caps PLEASE READ!!! and that I believe helps too.

The first card I am going to show is a request I sent to back on May 7th and I got it back over the weekend and she even added 2 cards of her own and the one card is from that mysterious set of cards that I would love to find a checklist of the players in that set. 


This is the card that I am talking about as the mysterious set because I have looked everywhere for info on these cards. The backs of the card have no information as to who manufactured these beautiful little gems. I have tried writing to certain players that have sent me one of their cards without me asking them. I do not even know to ask since I have no checklist as to who is in the set. I am still trying to pinpoint the correct year and I may be able to do that by seeing from the cards I do know that are on the checklist by seeing the years they played and trying to figure out the year that way.


This is the back of that card and as you can see there is no information about the cards manufacturer or even a year. Maybe the did you know could help figuring out the year. I may try writing a letter to the Women's National Team as someone must be able to have a checklist for these cards and who knows about other card sets done for them that are not checklisted or even known about. The cards are really beautiful front and a nice photo of the player wearing the team USA jacket. If anyone has any information about these cards would you please share the info and if you have players please indicate who the cards you have so I can add those names to the checklist. Currently I know of the cards that I have and they are these players: Lisa Chesson, Natalie Darwitz, Angela Ruggiero and Kerry Weiland. Now I can compare these players I know about by using the years they played together and I hope one of them only played their last season which will be an indication of the correct year.

This is the index card I sent to Kerry and she did sign on the puck and I have had some players not sign the puck and I keep asking myself do they not understand and I even put it in the letter I write them asking if they would please sign on the puck. I like that Kerry added 2010 USA inscription.


This autograph is one that I had but the first card she signed for me she signed on the back using a black sharpie. I know why she did that because the black would not show on the front because of the dark background. So I had decided to send her a silver sharpie asking her to sign the front of the card and as you can see she obliged. I love how it pops with that silver and it blends in nicely just like the shadow around the player. This does get costly sending a sharpie not the sharpie but the postage. Roughly $9 just in postage but it is worth it to me as I am close to having this 1997-98 inaugural season of the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers complete.


This card is of Erica Killewald and I did the same with her card that I did with Kelly Olson's card sending her a silver sharpie. There were some players that did have either a gold or silver sharpie as they signed the card the first time which does save me the postage. I have seen Erica's auto several times before and she is a consistent signer with it looking identical each time.




A couple more that came in today and one I actually forgot I had sent to was Erika Lawler. Erika played in the 2010 Winter Olympics and helped her team win a Silver medal. She has played in 3 World Championships winning 2 gold and 2 silver medals. She went on to play 4 seasons with the Wisconsin Badgers helping them win three NCAA championships in 2006, 2007 and 2009.


 The final 2 autographs are from Chelsey Brodt and I had got her autograph earlier in the year and I never had a card of her just a index card so now I am glad to add these to my collection. These 2 cards are from her college days with the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers. Chelsey went on to play several seasons with the Minnesota Whitecaps. She has a sister Winny Brodt who also played several seasons with the Minnesota Whitecaps. She played her last game with the Whitecaps at the age of 44.

I hope everyone had a nice time at the National and found some cards they needed. The one thing about the national is if you are looking for any certain tough cards to locate you will find them there. Speaking of tough cards to locate if anyone has any info about these cards, here is a scan of the cards I am talking about.

These cards are from either the 2007-08 or 2008-09 season. I now know of 4 of these cards and it would be nice to put together a checklist. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Until next time Happy Collecting and Stay Safe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment