Friday, July 24, 2026

Things are heating up as my autograph success rate increases

This week has turned out to be a very good week for my Women in Hockey autographs. I now have sent out over 50 autograph requests within the last week and a half. This week I have got back 5 auto's within the 4 days and I look forward to more this week as I still have tomorrow and Saturday to close out this week.

The first autograph I want to show is from Julie Otto and this is a big addition to my collection because Julie scored the first ever goal for the University of Minnesota Women's Hockey program. I sent the card to her and she was kind enough to sign the card using the Silver Sharpie I sent and it really pops because of the dark background.

The silver sharpie fits beautifully with the outline of the player. I am waiting to get this card back signed by Laura Tryba.

As you can see on the front this card shows Julie Otto jumping high in the air and being congratulated by teammate Brittny Ralph. Once I get this card back I will be sending the two cards to Julie Otto for her autograph on the front and the back as well. If all go's as planned I will send one off to Brittny Ralph for her auto on the front of the card.

This is the back of the card showing an inset photo of the first ever goal scorer Otto and the first ever assist by Tryba. I asked each player to add an inscription something along the lines of 1st ever goal and 1st ever assist. I even said they could write whatever they wanted or surprise me. The reason why I enjoy this through the mail autographs is because of the surprises in the mail.

This was a surprise as my goal is to complete this 2014 Women's National set all autographed and Kate Buesser's autograph is a bit tougher but am very pleased these came back signed and can cross off my wantlist. She has a nice looking autograph and this is her rookie card.

Got this one back today and another one that I wanted was from the first ever head coach of the University of Minnesota Women's hockey. Won coach of the year in 1997-98 Inaugural year with the Golden Gophers. She went on to win coach of the year a total of 5 times and 3 NCAA Championships. Laura has a very nice signature and it has not changed through the years as I compared it to her autograph on a goalie stick she signed in the 1997-98 season and it looks identical. 

Ashley Birdsall played 4 years at University of Wisconsin-Superior and then went on to play a few seasons with the Whitecaps and then 1 year with the Buffalo Beauts. 

This autograph from Jocelyne Lamoureux really surprised me because over the years I have tried to get her and her twin sisters autographs and I have done a blog post indicating that they do not like to sign for the fans. However the 2 cards I sent to her she did one different than the other. She actually add To then my name then signed the card and the one shown here she just signed her name. I do know from what I have heard over the years from other autograph collectors that some players get upset because if they just sign their cards without adding the TO the person sells the auto and makes money from it. So I wonder if that is why she did that, one will never know. She has a beautiful autograph as you can see the flow and she is very consistent each time. Her sister Monique has a beautiful auto as well, of the 2 of them Jocelyne has a better success percentage than Monique so one down and one to go and getting Monique's auto will not be easy. I have tried two different addresses for Monique and they have both come back as RTS. Should I send it to her sisters address hoping she may get it to her for her autograph?? It is a last minute kind of resort thought but it is up there as an idea if I keep failing sending to her.
Congratulations to Patrice Bergeron for getting the call to the hall and his jersey number will be retired December 1 by the Boston Bruins. Patrice had a great career and has won one Stanley Cup with the 2011 Boston Bruins. A winner of 6 Selke trophies, 1 Clancy and 1 Messier trophies. Patrice is not an easy autograph to get through the mail but has been known to sign at games.

Cindy Curley will also be elected to the HHOF this fall and she was a true pioneer of Women's hockey. Cindy played 4 years at Providence University where she scored over 100 goals. In the 1989-90 Women's World championship she set a record for most points 23 in only 5 games and of those 23 points 11 were goals. A well deserved selection to the HHOF. 
I am hoping for a very good rest of July for receiving my autographs through the mail as I look forward each day. As I keep saying Stay Safe and Happy Collecting!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment